Digi Stamps, Vintage Images, Digi Images, Image Transfers, Printables... everything for your paper crafting needs. New images and word art are posted every day.



Your "go to" blog for beauty, inspiration, digi goodness and new ideas! Serving the Digi Scrapbook and Card Makers and Journaling world for over 25 Years~!

* TIP JAR*

DONATE: Do you like what you see?, did it help you grow? Leave a little tip, to let me know. In case you would like to leave a tip to help keep all the freebies coming, safe and on one site. Thank you.





Saturday, March 18, 2017

Saturday's Saying.....

"Flawsome!"

embracing your flaws and knowing that you are awesome regardless.

Everyone has flaws, no one is perfect....but not all embrace those flaws.  Especially our young people.  Everyone thinks they need to be "perfect".  I fell into that trap for a long time....so far into that trap that at the age of 30 I ended up in an ER room where they thought I was having a heart attack.  Told that I needed to quit being super woman, told that if I didn't stop trying to do everything and be the best at it, I would be back there with a real heart attack.  Oh my gosh...I would have to admit that I am not perfect, I do have flaws/limits....But right then, I quit a very lucrative job, quit a couple boards I was on, and just became me.  Took me about another 20 years before I totally embraced that I am not perfect, I do have flaws....and I am FLAWSOME~! but I am here.


Freebie Retired

Who else joins me in being Flawsome~!??

Paulette



22 comments:

  1. love it !
    thank you~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting word. I think I like it.. Thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Definite Flawsome here! I think it's a GREAT word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Paulette. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paulette, It is over achievers that are like that. We want everything perfect. I am afraid I am like that. I have to remind myself to relax and take it easy. Thank you for the sentiment. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Paulette - I now can define myself with one "flawsome" - love it, love it , love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Touching story, uf ... You are amazing, thank you for your beautiful images.
    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the sentiment, Paulette! I join with you in being FLAWSOME!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Paulette! Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your story and this image. I'm glad you had the courage to do what needed to be done to take care of yourself. Norma :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let's all be flawsome. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can so totally relate to this - having had to do so myself. You can only do so much for everyone else and try and do everything perfectly until your body, your mind, your spirit - just caves in and says, "I can't do anymore!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea, Paulette! I think most of us are flawesome, if we'd just admit to it. Actually, I think that's better than being perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. THIS IS SOOOOOOOO true. Had the same thing happen to me about that same age. I went to urgent care and naturally I was symptomatic since I thought the practically ripped my shirt off me to do the EKG being that I was a type I diabetic having chest pain. Then to just get yelled at that I was tachy and stressed when I felt like I was being assaulted. But apparently when you don't sleep much, are stressed, drink a lot of caffeine your body does some weird stuff. It's hard to train yourself when you are a type A to RELAX. I REALLY have to think about it and actually schedule time for it. And letting go and my parents COMPLAIN about my house being a MESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lisa Lynn....you need to come join the commune....lol
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Paulette, I can so relate to your story! I tried to do everything too, at my last job I ended up doing the work that 5 women were previously doing,until it got to the point my body could no longer bear the load.Ended up having to retire at only 52, and now I have numerous health problems, including two chronic pain conditions.
    I love the sentiment and join you in being Flawsome, love it, thank you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. perfect... and so very true! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great word, Paulette and thanks for sharing your story, I think a lot of us can relate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are appreciated.
Paulette